Twitter

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful...


This is my first Thanksgiving in a new school district in 13 years, and also my first as a school superintendent.  As Thanksgiving approaches tomorrow I have been reflecting on the recent changes in my career and shift to the South Bend School District.

I am Thankful.

I have found the South Bend School District to be a special place, and a school system supported by a community I am proud to call home.  The people here are friendly, caring, and value hard work.  The staff in our school are some of the best I have ever worked with, and care without limits for the students we serve.

Like any school, we have our challenges.  However, it is my belief that our challenges give us means to come together in accomplishing our endeavor to educate students.  It is through these challenges we develop our passion, refine our practice, and demonstrate to our students that we will do everything it takes to ensure they learn.  I am proud to be part of the team in South Bend, and thankful for having such excellent people to work alongside.

In today's schools we find students and families who struggle with different aspects of life.  These struggles often carry into our classrooms.  It is important for we as educators to remember that each child comes with their own individual story.  We should encourage all students to find something for which to be thankful, and to use that thanks to inspire goals for their lives.

As you partake in your Thanksgiving tradition, I encourage you to be thankful.  We have good things happening here in South Bend and certainly much to be thankful for...






No comments:

Post a Comment